Serious 2D capability.
Your daily needs for 2D machining can range from simple to very complex.
Mastercam Mill delivers the tools you need.
• Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs prismatic solid drill
holes, contours, and pockets. Save or change the strategies at any time.
• Complete and easy control of approach, start points, and entry methods.
• Contour and pocket remachining use smaller tools to automatically clean
out material left from previous operations.
• Radial chip thinning for a wide set of tools, plus specialized support for ISCAR®’s High Efficiency Machining (HEM) tool set.
Dynamic Motion powers much of our 2D suite, constantly adapting to create smoother, safer motion and making better use of the
entire tool. Check out new videos at Mastercam.com to hear it directly from our customers.
Our finish is more finished.
Mastercam’s extensively shop-tested 3D toolpaths provide unsurpassed control on surface cuts, delivering superior finishes and optimized cycle times. Our smart hybrid finishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope of the model changes. And our 3D Toolpath Refinement gives you a finished look to please even your toughest customers.
• Cut multiple surfaces, solid models, and mesh
entities (STL data).
• Dramatically efficient roughing powered by
Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology.
• Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent
finish on sloped and flat surfaces alike by using a
consistent 3D stepover.
• Constant-Z rest milling (remachining) identifies and
machines areas and critical depths that need to be
cut with a smaller tool.
• Pencil tracing walks a tool along the intersection of
surfaces to clean out hard-to-reach areas. Single
Multiaxis machining can dramatically increase a shop’s competitiveness. Mastercam’s
multiaxis interface is surprisingly simple and intuitive to use, ensuring any shop can
make the move when the time is right. And with Mastercam, you have
complete control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis
machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance.
From 4-axis rotary and roll die cutting to multiblade impellers with tight
internal cuts, Mastercam helps simplify even the most complex jobs.
Other highlights include:
• Multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing (including
depth cuts), plunge roughing, and flowline machining.
• Swarf fanning and swarf machining over multisurface floors.
• Advanced gouge checking, a “safe zone” around the
part, and safe linking between operations.
• Fast, simple 5-axis trimming and drilling.
• Create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis toolpath.
For specialty machining, ask about these available Add-Ons:
• Mastercam Blade Expert delivers specialized tools for efficiently cutting multi-bladed parts and hubs.
• Mastercam Port Expert offers dramatically faster head port programming and smoother toolpath motion.